Monday 2 September 2013

A Little Bit of Christmas


It has been a little quiet around here - but I have been sewing. I have a little group of women at my mother's hostel who meet with me on Monday afternoons - and a quicker group of tie-unpickers I have yet to find.

We started doing a few blocks, to make bags for blokes who have wheelie walkers, but quickly got side-tracked by the thought of some Christmas fund-raising.

So this is our first stocking, make entirely from ties. This one was just getting the process right. It will go up for "silent auction", which I think is like tender to, wait for it - buy iPads for residents to use!


So this is what we are working on next. It is a rather large wreath, again all from ties, with snowflakes being crocheted by one of the residents. The piecing is finished, and we have picked out red and green buttons. We have some glittery crochet thread that might just turn into lace.

Christmas, here we come - we are working on a blue/silver stocking next, and I think I have a way to quickly piece them almost worked out.

3 Comments:

Blogger Linda S. said...

Linda, how are faring with the fires? You are the first one I thought of when I heard about the fires in the outback? Hoping they are far from you.. :)
Linda S.

9:22 am  
Blogger Linda said...

Hello Linda - good to hear from you.

They are really bad fires, but they are in the next state, so we are safe here. But really scary to have them so early in the season.

Thank you for thinking of us.

9:45 am  
Blogger Rachael said...

You are giving me food for thought here! I have had it on my mind for two years or more to make a nice Christmas wreath. No time like January to get started. LOL.

8:20 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home