Wednesday 31 July 2013

Working on the Apple Blossom Quilt

I'm working on the Apple Blossom Quilt.

This is the one where I have cut up an unfinished supper cloth my mother was working on about 1948 - and I am very much into minimalisation. Is that the word?


All stiches are in crochet cotton, and I am concentration on working on combinations. No buttons, beads or embellishments apart from one piece of white tatting per square.



Yet another UFO.


I am about to work the seam again, on another block, and will scan it in stages. I don't do that when I start, as I never know what is going to happen.
But the directions in brief are:


1. Chevron Stitch. It helps if the capping stitches are longer rather than shorter.

Side 1. Fly Stitch with the locking stitch also going over the Chevron Stitch, then Detached Chain finished with a Pistil Stitch.

Side 2. Fly Stitch, closed with a Pistil Stitch into the V. Then another Pistil Stitch in the V formed by the Fly Stitch.
 

I have a few other Chevron Stitches HERE, but I need to come up with some more.

3 Comments:

Blogger Sharon said...

I am so glad to see you back... I am ashamed to say that I still have (unfinished) that crazy quilt square you helped me put together all that time ago - must be nearly 10 years ago...
Cheers
Sharon - Melbourne

2:49 pm  
Blogger sharonb said...

A comment from another sharon - pleased to see you have picked this up again.

3:56 pm  
Blogger Linda said...

Lovely to see the two Sharons out there - not that I thought either of you would go away. And Sharon of the ten-years-old block - you should see the UFOs I have been unearthing in my last sort.

6:57 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home