Friday 31 December 2010

Well, that didn't work!

Spirit8b

Ooooh, and she looked so lovely, But she wouldn't turn without splitting at seams, and pulling the wrong way. So not possible to make up at this stage.

Comfort dolls are six inches max, and this one was just under five inches. I need that extra size, so I am off to an eight inch hoop. This size makes a beautiful small doll, when it works, but only with very thin fabrics. Once you hit the satins, the trouble starts. And it didn't help that I had an incorrect thread on the machine. Aaaagh!

I think I will bind this one, by hand, and just keep her as a beautiful piece of work. Unless I make a body and stitch the one with the binding to that. Lot of work though - might need to keep her for a while.

Hot day coming up - might be time to make some blocks inside.

1 Comments:

Blogger crazyhaberdasher said...

Hi Linda!
It was lovely surprise to hear from you - I hope that 2011 holds all that you wish for and brings Joy and Peace to you!

11:11 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home