Monday 29 December 2008

Apple Blossom #4 and #5

Apple Blossom 4c

I have finished with Block #4 for a while - I am having all sorts of philosophical discussions with myself - mainly about whether to add a new element (my recreation of the Apple Blossom, on the ivory silk, currently at bottom right), and what to do to knock the green in the middle back a bit.

The Feather Stitch at the top is inspired by this piece of work by Jo in NZ - might try and exactly duplicate it next. Nice work!

So I am exercising my mind on how to approach #5 - not much work has been done on that.

Apple Blossom 5a

The whole lot of the blocks, including some of the philosophy behind the work, is in the Flickr Set. There are some of my interpretation of the flowers, on another work, early in the set.

That's it - I'm off for a couple of days to garden. The cricket is not looking good - unless you are reading this in South Africa.

5 Comments:

Blogger Pamela Kellogg said...

So pretty Linda! I always enjoy watching your projects progress.

2:06 am  
Blogger sharonb said...

Your block is delightful and light but perhaps we must shush about the cricket

I also wanted to wish you all the best for the new year

12:40 pm  
Blogger Jo in NZ said...

shucks, thanks. You were one of my inspirations when I started this crazy journey, so I am pleased to return the favour. I hope to see this quilt complete someday.

10:40 pm  
Blogger Gina E. said...

I remember this one, Linda - and now I understand why you wanted to cut up the embroidered cloth to use - it looks gorgeous!

1:17 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

After going through this article i have decided to bookmark this site found this really interesting & thanks a lot for keeping the blog Lively with such interesting blogs.

--
Venus
You cannot go wrong on the

best security systems

8:31 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home