Sunday 12 October 2008

Apple Blossom Quilt

I've dragged out the Apple Blossom Quilt. It is spring here, and just the right quilt for the season.

AB01

This is a rough shot of the first six blocks - three finished, and three in progress.

I'm working on Block 4

Apple Blossom 4a

For those who haven't met it before, I have a set for it at Flickr. It is cutting up an embroidery my Mother never finished. And I am trying the disciplined approach. All the stitching is in crochet cotton, with only about ten balls of it available.

I like it. I'm going to work on it for a while, without stressing about perfect stitches, or anything like that.

4 Comments:

Blogger sharonb said...

I hope you blog the progress of the rest of this - its really lovely and I would love to see your blow by blow descriptions

12:04 pm  
Blogger Lil said...

I remember you starting this quilt and it is so good to see you blogging again. Your stitching is always inspiring! =)

2:10 am  
Blogger Averyclaire said...

I love the colors. I too hope you show your progress. The stitching is lovely.

12:06 pm  
Blogger crazyhaberdasher said...

Beautiful embroidery!

11:22 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home