Saturday 3 November 2007

Melba Needlework Book all there

Life is still a little bit busy around here for me to sew or post much, but I have managed to get the entire Melba Needlework book up on the net. It ended with some tatting instructions.

The whole thing is HERE, and I am waiting to hear if the other two earlier versions out there are substantially different. I suspect they will just change the designs they are trying to sell, and that is it. So it really doubles as a catalogue.

Interesting that the only other two so far have turned up in the same state. But then, it was published here.

Having actually succeeded in getting the whole thing up, I will go and see how much further I can get with Craig's Needlework Book.

7 Comments:

Blogger Nia said...

I have this book too and I am in Melbourne too :)

11:54 am  
Blogger catsmum said...

I wonder which edition tannia has?
Anyway I just checked the rest of the 4th edition and the only differences are the photos on the pages that I'd already told you about -11,13 and 15. The rest of the book is identical. The page after the bonnet isn't showing on yr slide set but as the bonnet is the same , I'm assuming the matching bootees are as well.

2:07 pm  
Blogger Linda said...

Interesting. And puzzling.

Tannia - do you know what edition you have? We should all four meet one day "under the clocks", and apart from Maz, who I can recognise, we could look for the others holding the same book. :)

Catsmum - I am confused as all pages, including the one with the bootees, immediately after the bonnet, are there in mine. I hadn't tried viewing them as a slide show before, and that IS fun.

3:12 pm  
Blogger catsmum said...

From memory Maz has edition 5 ... she was supposed to be here this weekend but Chris has the dreaded lurgy.
:[

8:31 pm  
Blogger crazyhaberdasher said...

Hi everyone! I have the third edition. Pages 11, 13, 15 have different doileys (but the top of page 11 is the same) and all the other pages are the same. Only in the tatting pages it has that note at the bottom of the page "use Coat's tatting cotton....." and that is absent from my book.

3:10 pm  
Blogger catsmum said...

Okay well the ones in the third edition are different again from the fourth on pages 11 and 13 but the one on page 15 [ design 2479 ] is the same in both #3 and#4.

10:22 am  
Blogger margie said...

stew in the pot, sounds like a good idea, a little sewing while watching the rain coming down happy days margie

9:21 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home