Monday 8 October 2007

Spirit Doll #3 finished

Spirit3b

Spirit Doll #3 is finished - and this one is mine to keep. She is based on some of the unfinished embroidery by my mother, with the other fabrics I am using in the Apple Blossom Quilt. So, in the same vein, she is ornamented by stitches only.

I have been asked for a little more detail on how I do the faces - so I will write a tutorial and take photographs as I do the next one. Not sure when it will be though. But in the meantime, here is a closeup of the face, after her makeup was touched up.

Spirit3c

3 Comments:

Blogger crazyhaberdasher said...

Another beautiful doll!.... looking forward to the tutorial.

11:25 pm  
Blogger crazyhaberdasher said...

Actually, a tutorial on tatting would be great! I have a small collection of tatting shuttles and books, but I can't quite manage the actual tatting!

11:27 pm  
Blogger Catriona Palin said...

Beautiful!!
LOVE the fabric you used.

Did you do the tatting too??
I'm like crazyhaberdasher. I have a shuttle & a few written tutorials but mine always looks like a birds nest!!

9:28 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home