Sunday 16 September 2007

Spirit Doll 3a

Spirit3a


This is my latest Spirit Doll. I like making them, as they are small projects that are both meaningful, and easy to complete. This one is for me. She is made using a piece of the unfinished embroidery by my Mother, with one of Mum's faces, and diving into the scrap bag from the quilt. As in the quilt, I am working only with crochet cotton in the colours of the fabric - pink, green and ecru.

There have been a few changes from my other two. I have tried touching up the face with colouring pencils, and I quite like it. You probably can't see the slight blush in her cheeks, and the eye shadow.

I have also been wanting to try the more equilateral shape, where the base points straight down. It is sort of more "ethnic" to me.

And she is smaller. The last two just filled an eight-inch hoop - this one is in a six-inch hoop.

But I do have an idea in the back of my mind for another Comfort Doll. Things are a bit hectic around here, but I will be back. Only it may be a while.

3 Comments:

Blogger Sharon said...

She's lovely L.. I can't decide which one I like the best out of the three that you have made... And so fitting too in as that she is made form your mum's unfinished embroidery...

Are you selling your mum's stash to on line orders as I wouldn't mind purchasing a random - L's pick- pack of combination bits - Is that do able??? Let me know if it is and give me a price + postage

9:56 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

She is beautiful. I like the idea of touching up her "make-up" with colored pencils.

7:45 am  
Blogger crazyhaberdasher said...

Hi! she is another beauty...and you know that I already like the colours.
I was wondering what you were up to!

9:04 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home