Sunday 12 August 2007

Stash Disposal Day II

Today was so much better at the Stash Disposal Coal Face. There were more people, it rained less, and we had a heater and a light stand. Much better.

But first to catch up with news from yesterday. I count myself so fortunate to have met Maz from Crazy Haberdasher and Have a Notion. And Maz was so kind as to give me one of her sewing stands. I was overwhelmed - even though I had seen photographs of them, I had not realised how delicate and dainty they were.

This is mine, with part of my growing collection of wooden cotton reels.

Maz

And my wonderful thing for today may seem silly - but someone made a suggestion that was so obvious, I feel dumb not to have thought of it.

I have been wondering how to repair my sewing box, where the leather has split all along the lid.

Box damage

Then, a visitor said: Why don't you take it to Peter L, the bookbinder down the road, who repairs old leather-bound books? It was obvious - and I have had him bind books for me before, but had not thought of him for my leather sewing box.

I am off there next week, as this box fitted in so well with my machines.

And I managed to get three blocks pieced for my Mirror Quilt - which has now been renamed the Apple Blossom quilt. I am off to work on them now.

2 Comments:

Blogger crazyhaberdasher said...

So glad to hear you had a much better day today. Good idea regarding the beautiful leather sewing box - definitely worth repairing. Also glad that you like the sewing stand. I am rather pleased with them and they do look better in "person".

7:45 pm  
Blogger crazyhaberdasher said...

Nearly forgot - Chris is looking to find out about the Gloriana.....

8:43 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home