Friday 17 August 2007

Comfort Doll #2 finished

Spirit2c

Doll #2 is finished, and heading off soon to Jo in New Zealand for distribution. Jo, if you are reading this after your riotous weekend away, I need a snail-mail addie, please.

This one is simpler than my last one, but I like her just as much. I especially like the way the tatting extends beyond her head to make a diadem, and nothing else is needed to fill in up there.

The chain is just vintage faux pearls - I haven't added anything else this time.

I like the way the beading works around the edge, although it is slow. It is just blanket stitch, picking up one bead with each stitch, and keeping it on the left of the "leg" of the next stitch.

It seems to strengthen and even out the seam - I think I might go and try it on a Heart or two.

4 Comments:

Blogger crazyhaberdasher said...

Lovely work Linda!

9:56 pm  
Blogger Nia said...

Beautiful :) A lovely job.

10:45 am  
Blogger Maureen said...

Lovely work Linda!
They are addictive these dolls aren't they!
I will email you Jo's addie if you want.

12:14 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really like this doll. I haven't seen any other dolls like it. Very creative!

5:58 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home