Sunday 19 August 2007

Apple Blossom Quilt

I'm off working on my Apple Blossom Quilt - which I used to call my "Mirror" quilt, as it was mirroring another I was working on.

These are the latest three blocks, made as piecing demos, and some show the effects of talking to too many people as I was doing them.

Apple Blossom 6


Apple Blossom 5


Apple Blossom 4


I prefer to piece alone. The embellishing is a social thing - nice works for my hands while something else is happening. But not the piecing stage. I sometimes feel pressured to produce the next piece, and put things on quickly, and don't pull them off when I should.

It is one of the "two part" life I find in crazy patchwork. Piece alone, but happily embellish in company.

2 Comments:

Blogger crazyhaberdasher said...

Looks fabulous! I do love pinks and greens, very pretty. Is it a bed size quilt?

4:33 pm  
Blogger Gail said...

Oh now, I think they are very pretty. I have to agree about pink and green, my favorite combo. These are going to be lovely.

2:17 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home