Sunday 27 May 2007

Stitch Combinations 10

Here is a Feather Stitch and Fly Stitch combination. First I work the Feather Stitch (coming up on one side of the seam, and going down on the other - makes it a bit "wigglier").

Then I work back along it doing a Fly Stitch that has the point of the "V" about half way along the arm of the Feather Stitch. (Although sometimes it is lower down.) I come up inside the stitch and go down on the other side of the arm when finishing the Fly Stitch. Not that I think that is critical - just to be consistent.

Stitch combination 9a

This one is finished with a French Knot with two wraps of two threads of Finca #16 perle.

I'm off for a few days now - hopefully I will have done heaps more when I come back.

3 Comments:

Blogger Elizabeth said...

Beautiful work on that seam treatment, Linda! Thanks for writing the explanation. I like what happened with the Chevron stitch close by, too.

6:03 pm  
Blogger Nia said...

I'm not a quilter but I raelly admire what quilters do! This pieces is looking lovely!

9:05 pm  
Blogger Stacy Hurt said...

It has been a long time since I've been so inspired by someone's work. Your embrodery is absolutely supurb! Thank you so much! I embellish with beadwork but now, thanks to you, I'm pulling out my old stitch encyclopedia and my old embroidery needles and hoop! Thanks!!!!
Stacy

3:04 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home