Monday 11 December 2006

Reporting in

Hi Everyone,

Just a quick note - we are still here, it is just a long and waiting game. The fire front closest to us is about 15 km away, and it is all dependent on the wind directions.

Sharonb - it is nothing like it was for you - we have the luxury that you were denied, in that we have time, and we have a fair idea of what is coming, and will get notice when it comes. There is a small private army of young men camped with the family across the road, and we have developed the most marvellous swat team that will deal with ember attack, which is what we expect first.

You should see my stash shed - it is so clean around it, and so prepared to survive fire, that you would all be most impressed.

Be back in a few days time - probably not until at least after Friday.

5 Comments:

Blogger Alice said...

Hi Chloe - I've been thinking of you often these past few days and hoping that all will be well. At least as well as can be considering the hundreds of thousands of bushland that has been destroyed. I know it has the most remarkable ability to rejuvenate but nevertheless, that will take some years.

Anyway, I just wanted to let you know that you are being thought of often (as I'm sure you already know.)

9:53 pm  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Linda--thankful to hear you're safe so far and have so much in place to stay safe. You all are in my prayers.

2:10 am  
Blogger Sharon said...

Linda I have been listening out for news about your community it was mentioned on the news a couple of nights ago... You are very much in my thoughts..

6:30 am  
Blogger sharonb said...

Great to hear all is OK - I don't think an hour has gone by with out me thinking of Victoria - you are right - we had 20 minutes notice and not enough fire trucks -
On the news I see the sheer organisation of the fire brigade and know that it is that deployment of fire fighters on the ground that is saving lives - but still having seen the force of a wild fire I would not wish it on anyone

hope you stash remains smoke free ...

9:34 am  
Blogger Susan said...

Thanks for checking in with us. I've been looking at your blog daily to see if there was any news, since we don't get the news from Australia in general. Hope all stays fire safe!

5:43 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home