Saturday 4 November 2006

Sampler 1

Sampler1

Sampler one has been started. On backing - too late sharon suggested (very gently) that I try it without. Oh well. You have one in every class. :)

It is on some very old linen, where I count every scrap, so I guess I am saving a bit. Must go and count how many threads it is. The lien is at least fifty years old - you can see the cloth it comes from in the first photo HERE.

The border is going to be Guilloche Stitch, as per Sharon's lessons, and it is really tedious on this fine linen. Nice for one line - not for the whole border. Guess I could have come up with three more stitches for the border - might even yet for the fourth.

And I am still being monstered by deadlines, so not yet as much stitching time as I would like.

But looking forward to seeing what others do.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ulla said...

Wellcome back

Try to learn more about the stitch but ......later I understand more I think.

Please send your adress to me ,I'm going to send a heart to you.I'm the delayed member of Chains of hearts who got a lovely heart months ago.
ullafr@hotbrev.com

Ulla in the north of Sweden wishes you good luck with this project

3:31 pm  
Blogger shula said...

that linen...

is to die for.

10:17 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home