Sunday 10 September 2006

Highlighting the Fairy

I have been highlighting the Chicory Fairy in Heart 19.


Heart19c


I decided to try this, but knew it would have to be with a very light hand. Now she has a lovely, soft glitter to her, and at the end I will add a few tiny seed (or Delicia) beads, but not yet.

The wings were worked with Madiera Metallic silver, in tiny stitches with a small needle, along the edges. Then I got game and added some Feather Stitch in the middle, trying to mimic the lines on the wings when I could.

I wanted to use some blue, but all I had was Krenik Blending Filament, so I tried mixing it with the Madiera silver, and worked tiny stitches on the skirt, again with the small needle (threading it was a challenge). That worked, but wasn't blue enough for me. Like all the others, I just used tiny straighht stitches and tried to mimic the lines that were there.

The Krenik Blending Filament is one of my favourites, but can be a bit of a challenge alone in fine needles, as it tends to shred on me - sometimes depending on the fabric I am pulling it through, too. So I threaded this alone in a chenille needle, and it came through the larger hole in the fabric fine. That is on the flower the Fairy is holding, plus on her cap.

She is very delicately shimmery in real life, which doesn't quite show up in the scan.

6 Comments:

Blogger Muriel said...

la broderie donne du relief à la fée, elle parait prête à s'envoler. C'est vraiment ravissant

8:53 am  
Blogger katiejayinpa said...

so nice, it will be a little sparkly space. how delightful.

ktj

1:35 am  
Blogger Marty52 said...

Fairies and CQ just seem to go so well together, don't they? I love the sparkles on her... I think I'll tuck that idea away for the next fairy I stitch. Love these hearts, Linda!

1:16 pm  
Blogger Maureen said...

Linda
For some reason your blog wont accept me.In the slim chance this gets through.............
I do like the kreinik highlights on the fairy!
M in Qld

7:51 pm  
Blogger Pamela Kellogg said...

Oh yes Linda, the Kreinik BF as such a nice sparkle to this piece! So pretty. I just love your work.

9:44 pm  
Blogger Bhavani Harikrishnan said...

And she looks so pretty Linda

12:14 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home