Thursday 7 September 2006

Heart #19 progresses

Heart19a

Heart #19 is progressing slowly. I have finished the vine, which I used to break the seam lines and take away from the "always has a centre" style of CQ, by extending that line left of the fairy down.

I decided that she needed some form of "stairs" to climb, so have started on that. The breakthrough is that I think I am ready to allow myself to use seed beads now - I can see pearls in the centre of those flowers.

There needs to be something strong on that busy Liberty print that she is climbing towards, so I think that is going to have to be something important there, which may well be a solid object. Not sure what.

And I have started to work on the blue poppy on the left. Not sure what I will do top left and bottom right yet. But this is part of the joy - working slowly and thinking carefully. It is a little like painting in miniature.

For those not used to this format, it is a six-inch Heart, and I am not sure what is going to happen to it yet. The largest version is HERE.

2 Comments:

Blogger katiejayinpa said...

This is just so nice, i can see that vine curling up through the right and on to the libery print fabric, maybe turning into a hearts and flowers tree that she is climbing toward....you have stirred the imagination.

I look forward to seeing the way it turns out. Maybe one of these days i will be able to embroider something that doesn;t have every square inch covered........in the meantime, i really enjoy seeing other people;s work. It calms the soul.

ktj

2:45 pm  
Blogger Ati said...

This heart will be lovely !
It will look like a real fairytale.
On one day I would be very pleased to swap a heart with you.

5:07 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home