Monday 21 August 2006

Not enough steps

Not enough steps for this week - only 18,093.

But there are a few small, mitigating reasons. It fell off again, so when I went to Melbourne for the day, I left it home rather than lose it. So that is one day less.

And the Census is almost over - it is now a case of driving between the few places where there are still pickups, instead of walking.

(In passing, I knew I had been doing it too long when I pulled up in my own driveway, got out my bag, walked up to my own front door, and knocked on it!).

But Pedometer has had some fun. It went to Old Gippstown with me on Friday, where three of the four members of the cataloguing team independently announced they were wearing pedometers. The same three who drive Mitsubishi cars. The fourth, who drives a Toyota and does not wear a pedometer, says it is because we need to get fit to walk for help when they break down.

In his dreams!

Hopefully, about Wednesday, life will return to normal enough for me to mow the lawn. Wonder how many steps are in that.

3 Comments:

Blogger Maureen said...

Glad to see you're surviving the Census chloe;how's the garden faring?

11:18 am  
Blogger Susan said...

Mowing the lawn? Way too many steps! Just ask my husband. =)

5:37 am  
Blogger Marty52 said...

Oh, Linda... it's so funny you knocked on your own door! I think it's time for a short break!

1:29 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home