Sunday 11 June 2006

UFO alert

Yep - It is a UFO alert. Yesterday I had a lovely day at Maggie Robertson Design, working on my UFOs. There was only Carole, from MaggieR, Wendy and I, and a lovely big workroom. So I could spread right out, and work slowly and precisely.

First, it was the fans. First layer of binding is on:

Fans1

Then it was the Dragonflies - first layer on too:

DF6

And finally I got to cut strips to audition them for the Peacock Wall Hanging:

Peacock Blocks G

Now - all these are square. Trust me. It is difficult to get an exact;y right-angled shot of something on the floor when you are teetering on the first from the top step on a small wooden ladder. Come to think of it - I could have done the dragonflies and fans standing on a chair!

I am booked in there for next month's UFO day, when hopefully these will be finished. I am still thinking on extra embellishment to go around them. Thinking braid and beads, and trying to decide if appropriate, for Fans and Peacocks. But maybe embroidery for the Dragonflies.

Stand by .....

5 Comments:

Blogger Jo in NZ said...

Linda, all of these look beautiful. They deserved to be finished.

10:34 am  
Blogger Julia said...

you sure did achive a lot that day...great idea to have a day just for UFO's..
They all look lovely..

10:34 am  
Blogger Marty52 said...

Love all of the them, but... oh, my... that dragonfly quilt makes my heart sing!! It is wonderful and the binding is perfect... understated by supportive. VERY cool... can't wait till next week!

12:11 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

All three are fabulous but the peacock one especially so - it just puts me in mind in my favourite gem stone - black opal - gorgeous :o)

8:42 pm  
Blogger Susan said...

These are all fabulous! I wish I could see them up close. =)

2:50 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home