Tuesday 27 June 2006

Day 3 of 100 days

P05420

Here is my iron for Day three - yesterday's blue enamel spirit iron has morphed into a blue enamel electric iron!

I know one iron much later than this is from 1948, so I reckon this one is somewhere in the 1920s to 1940s range. With a very early pin, unlike the flat ones we have today, and a bakelite handle.

Just think how ecstatic the Crazy Patcher would have been to get an electric iron! And this one will sit on its end, so trivets are on the way out.

My Mother, wonderful crafter that she was, was still using irons heated on the stove into the 1960s. We haven't even started to look at them yet.

1 Comments:

Blogger Marty52 said...

These irons are sooooo cool although I can't imagine ironing anything with them... dangerous (although this one is not quite so dangerous) and HOT! :0)

8:23 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home