Friday 17 March 2006

Auditioning Buttons

Block9

I have been auditioning buttons for my class block - although a few had moved about before the photo was taken (ie the pink one in the middle of an acorn, isn't in real life. Trust me.).

In this case I was trying to use only the 1950s style, especially some I bought recently. And I am going for three groups, all in the bottom half, which will make the bottom "heavier", but that is fine with me.

In each case I am using them to cover a problem, and it does seem to work.

I have also been trying to work out how to work with the hairpin lace (which is what the doiley is to the left of the woman). I am still toying with how to add some SRE flowers there as well - I have been trying to avoid making them look like angel's wings, being behind her back!

The blue flower beneath the rose, and the bunch of roses on the central print, are also new.

There are some ideas running around that I can do for the top, but I want to get some beading done first. And I need to get some pink and green in the top left corner. And there is now something different in the top right corner, since this pic was taken.

In fact - the block has changed one heck of a lot since my first sketch.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jo in NZ said...

I'm loving you block Linda! There is so much to look at. I was going to ask about that lace, it's so delicate and pretty, and it doesn't look like angel wings!
Even if your not blogging, I'm glad you're still embellishing.

6:44 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home