Sunday 19 February 2006

Starting the Block

Just as I disappear for most of the week - I have started on my block. The sewing machine picture has won.

Block1

Originally I wanted to do a block no larger than 8.5 inches - the maximum size to fit on the scanner. But the block size is really determined by the centre patch - I usually make it one third of the size of the block - this one is 5.5 inches high, so really needs to be 16.5 inches square. But since it is less across, I think I can get away with 12 inches. This is how it looks on a 12 inch cardboard square. When I looked at it on an 8.5 inch background, it left me nowhere to get patches on so I could play.

So this is where I am up to - I am off to fossick in my stash.

And I am not sure what the Dragon is up to - I wouldn't be so lucky as to have got a Dragon that lays balls of thread, would I?????

2 Comments:

Blogger Sharon said...

You never know he? might give you a hand ..

9:03 am  
Blogger abeautifulcraft said...

I swear he winked at me! OMG
LOL LOL LOL

1:41 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home