Thursday 2 February 2006

Buttons

Buttons

This is one of my finds from yesterday - a card of old white buttons, from an antique/collectables shop in Mooroolbark.

Sharonb uses a lot of the old white buttons in her work, and I like that look. Especially when they are clustered together.

And I think these might take dye well in the Birko.

I think these are 1950s or earlier, but would be interested to hear from any button collectors who can tell anything from these scans.

But gosh, they are hard to scan. Even with the contrast with the grime currently on them. I think they are going to get a soapy wash - buttons were intended to go on clothes that were washed, weren't they?????

3 Comments:

Blogger Sharon said...

Sounds like you did well L... I am just on my way out the door to go to Mooroolbark...

9:04 am  
Blogger Julia said...

Good find Linda,
I remember buttons like these back in the late fifties working as junior in a dressmaking factory.

9:53 am  
Blogger Shell said...

Fabulous find! They make a lovely display on that off white card and look really lovely all together like that.

Your work in your previous post is beautiful by the way. You must have such patience!

1:04 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home