Tuesday 3 January 2006

Using up old Christmas cards

We've just been sorting the Christmas cards - I was looking for any where I could nick the graphics - no such luck this year. But then, I started to think.

We don't have a Christmas tree, and I have always been promising myself a CQ one. Maybe, if I cut out a shape, from corrugated cardboard, and cut up the cards, and sort of tiled them on, like fake CQ ......

I would need some silver paper, or green paper, to make the solids, rather than put pattern next to pattern. Or maybe paint the whole thing green first, and just leave spots blank????? Nah - think I like the idea of creating solids.

And maybe paint some seams on there - or use a pen.

Varnish the lot, put some holes in it to hang the Ornies I have collected and Voila - I have a quick CQ Christmas tree.

Wonder if I have enough cards?????

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a good idea for using old christmas cards. This year I was given some bookmarks. One card would make 2 or 3 depending on the size. Punch a hole in the top and thread through a piece of ribbon. A great gift perhaps to give away instead of cards next year!

7:59 am  
Blogger Linda said...

Yes! Out with the laminator, and I could make heaps to a sheet.

Actually, a colour photocopy of some of my own CQ (or yours), and cut in bookmark strips, laminate, add ribbon - really fun bookmarks.

Does your stocking fit onto a scanner???

8:11 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home