Wednesday 4 January 2006

Used postage stamps

Stamps

Is there anyone out there, outside Australia, who has children (or grandchildren) at a school where there is a stamp club???? I obsessively clip stamps off my letters, and I have a lot, and nothing to really do with them - I used to include them in swaps, but am not swapping at the minute. I know there are charities I can give them to, but they are worth so little, that I would prefer to pass them on to a group of children somewhere that could have fun sorting them and learning about what is on them.

If you do have contact with such a group, drop me a note on kapana[at]netspace.net.au

3 Comments:

Blogger Calidore said...

Don't know of any clubs, but I did see in a scrapbooking magazine where you can paste stamps of similar style around a photo frame to make something a little different to put your photos in. I would imagine if you then painted it with a clear gloss or something to preserve them they would look rather stunning. Hope this helps.

2:45 pm  
Blogger Linda said...

That is a thought. One idea I have is to keep the Christmas stamps from this year, and from last (couldn't lay my hands on one when I was scanning). They are both Madonna and Child, and I was thinking of somehow using them in an icon.

In my spare time. :)

9:19 pm  
Blogger Gina E. said...

At our family Christmas do, my sister-in-law showed me something she had done for their church group. She stuck old Christmas stamps on lengths of thick paper, wrote a message on the other side, and laminated them. Voila: bookmarks! I thought that was such a neat idea, especially to send overseas. Linda, you may think there is not much money involved with giving stamps to charities, but I know the Red Cross make quite a lot by selling Aussie stamps to overseas dealers.

1:39 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home