Friday 6 January 2006

Dragonfly for Sampler

The Dragonfly for the Country Garden Sampler is finished - and I am rather happy with it. Glad I persisted and pulled off the two wings I thought were too big. Then I followed Jenny's size - when all else fails - follow the instructions!

Image31

The awfully big version is HERE.

This is this little chap in context - he is bottom left in this picture. Although I do have to say - I think this one is more of a damselfly than a dragonfly.

I used my system of making dragonfly wings for this one, and not Jenny's.

So now there is only the Fuschia, a bit of Wisteria, and that dratted Cricket. (Have I said that before).

Oh, Yes - I need to find a stick to sew to the bird's nest, too. And slip my signature in there somewhere.

And that is it - the end is nigh.

2 Comments:

Blogger Heera said...

Hi Chloe,
Happy New Year! Your work is very beautiful and I love all the details and the beading as well. I love the detailed picture of the dragonfly's wings.

I am not very sure I am joining Sharon's class this time but will certainly try it sometime later this year.

Have fun.

Hugs........heera

8:22 am  
Blogger beche-la-mer said...

Linda, this is looking great. Would you liek to take a look at my latest blog entry about science and nature-based embroidery -- I'd love it if you'd add a link to this project in the comments.

5:22 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home