Monday 9 January 2006

Definitely Finished

Image35

The Country Garden Sampler is now definitely finished - thank you all for helpful comments. In the end I added what I am calling a Hop Vine (very stylised). This broke up the lines I was worried about, and filled the spaces, and remained true to the design - it is just an expanded seam treatment.

Staying true to the original design was important to me - it stopped me from adding a waste canvas butterfly just outside the area (well, over a border), just about the snowdrop.

And Jenny encouraged us to be creative with the border treatments, which I found easy, as a crazy-quilter. One thing I don't remember her telling us, but I did, was to find the elements that I wanted to emphasise, and do them first, all in one treatment. Then fill the lesser ones in first. So this is what I did with the Foxglove, Crocus and Rose. That is what gave greater impact to the boxes.

Jenny actually used a few fine braids on her borders, whereas I stitched all of mine.

But overall - I am very happy. This is the first (and probably only) Sampler I will do in my life, but the discipline was an interesting exercise!

Off to the framers!

3 Comments:

Blogger Judypatooote said...

Definitely Beautiful!

8:21 am  
Blogger Jacqui said...

Absolutely! All that texture and dimension - I want to stroke and peer and examine and ooh and ahhh and give you a big cyber hug for being so talented! :)

9:19 am  
Blogger Bhavani Harikrishnan said...

Has a country look. Quite an arrary of needlework techniques!
bhavani

11:37 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home