Friday 9 December 2005

Quickie on Peacocks 3

Just a quickie this morning on Peacock Block 3

Peacock Blocks 3d

This is from the camera, not the scanner, which is not as good. But it does not all fit on the scanner.

*Drumroll*

The block has now been joined to the rest of its strip, but the main news is I have been experimenting with those shell sequins (are they pailettes or similar spelling?) that are around. I have been frantically collecting them, but hadn't tried actually incorporating them in any work. So there are two sets of the larger ones - bottom left and just under the tulip top right.

I got these out again and started thinking about them as I spotted a new colour in my local reject shop - a sort of light emerald - much more a peacock green than the lime ones, which was the only other green I had seen around.

So in bother cases I was experimenting on blending them in with little chains of seed beads. Then I used the smallest ones to make a flower at bottom right.

They have potential - but need a little more work.

I'm off to work in the garden. Beautiful garden weather.

1 Comments:

Blogger Shell said...

Oh, what beautiful, detailed work. You must have the patience of a saint! Truly lovely and the colours are indeed reminiscent of a peacock. Thanks for your recent post in my blog - very thoughtful. I'm loving this gorgeous work of yours.

11:06 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home