Saturday 10 December 2005

My Library II

Mag2

I've just picked up my copy of Stitch, the British (or is it English?) Embroiderer's Guild magazine. It is usually my favourite mag, but this one, oddly enough, doesn't have as much in it that I want to work. But it is nice to have the collection of them slowly building up. And that link has a couple of interesting online articles.

But then again, there is an interesting bag in there that has got me thinking. The shape, not the technique.

After much thought, I have given up taking Australian Embroidery and Cross Stitch, but have found a few interesting articles in the current Inspirations.

Speaking of which - I see they are about to bring out one of their special projects books, which is a CQ Bear. Supposed to be out late November, but I haven' spotted it in shops around here yet. There is an advert in the magazine, but nothing on their webpage as yet. Guess I will have to wait.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jacqui said...

I agree this issue was a little disappointing :( probably because the standard is usually so very high :) I like the Inspirations but too many adverts! If we're inclusding magazines in our virtual library I may need a virtual extension to the building - just like I need one to my real house VBG

12:01 pm  
Blogger Calidore said...

Haven't seen the magazine, but then I guess I haven't been really looking either. I do like the Christmas tree on the front cover though. Very nice.

7:57 am  
Blogger Linda said...

Hi Caolidore - I don't think you will see it around - most of our local newsagents have to order it in. Although Sharon in Melbourne sees it on the shelf.

8:34 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home