Thursday 8 December 2005

A Book for Today

Here is my book for today - the fifth one along on my shelf. Which is probably the one I would have chosen next anyway. It is Australian Quilt Heritage by Margaret Rolfe. It actually came out of John Fairfax publishers in 1998, but I am not sure if they are still distributing it - Margaret seemed to have a lot of copies herself to sell. Maybe someone out there knows???

ISBN 1 86343 333 3 paperback, 96 pages

Book2

It is arranged chronologically, and chock full of coloured photographs of historical quilts, even a few crazy ones, and ones that inspire us in craziness (if you know what I mean).

I have actually put a big version of the cover on Flickr - the quilt on the cover (and it is only a part of it), is amazing. You can see the big version HERE. That quilt is made by the Hampson sisters, and is in the National Gallery of Australia in Canberra. It is dated around the time of Federation (1901), and was made in Tasmania.

Now I am going to have to restrain myself for a while, and go and do mundane things, rather than go off and scan more book covers.

Down girl, down!

4 Comments:

Blogger Sharon said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7:05 am  
Blogger Sharon said...

I could check at work with our on line catalogue... It is amazing what it yeilds at times.... I would like a copy of this one too -I have borrowed the library on so often - read a bit each time... There are just TOO many intersting books!!!!!!

7:11 am  
Blogger Mary-Frances said...

Ooooo! I own that one and LOVE it! It's wonderful!

11:45 am  
Blogger Jo in NZ said...

Nothing to do with your books Linda.
Forget the hehehehe!! I did check my stat counter today and went "what the fa.....". I only came across your comment by accident. I don't usually check that far back on my blog.
Thanks again for the promo, I appreciate it.

8:17 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home