Thursday 10 November 2005

Katrina BlocksII

Two of my Thursday CQ ladies, the two Margarets, have totally put me to shame. They have finished their Katrina blocks.

KatrinaMargaretJ2

The one above is by Margaret J - she handed it over to me as she couldn't stop working on it.

The one below is by MargaretG - and is just as lovely.

KatrinaMargaretG2

You might notice something in common on both - we have made a bead soup of purple, green and gold beads (Mardi Gras beads, although I don't think they are this ornate), and have been making string of them and laying them every which way, and then couching them down.

Here is a closeup of Margaret J's beads:

KatrinaMargaretJ3

I am going to use mine in a different way again - must get back to stitching.

Today was a little sad, as I have had to tell the group that due to other commitments I will not be able to be with them next year. Some of them have been with me for the full two-and-a-half years, and I will miss them very much.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home