Sunday 30 October 2005

Since you were asking ...

Sharon was wanting to know how people were going - well, here it is, right at this minute. Note the coffee!!!!

JeansBag9

Some may not have met my machine - this is the only one I have, and it is coping quite well with the denim.

But I need to move the coffee again before I start sewing.

What I am discovering so far is that the bag is much heavier and bigger than I expected. As I have put a gusset and thickened in the base. And they were large jeans (mine) to start with.

Onwards!!!!!!

4 Comments:

Blogger Linda S. said...

Linda,
I love your machine. I have never seen one like it in person, but truly enjoy using an old treadle machine.
Your bag is lovely. I just wish you gave online crazy quilting lessons!! ;)

2:09 pm  
Blogger Linda S. said...

Forgot to mention the pear coffee cup... they are my favorite things. I have done several pastels and one acrylic that looks a lot like your coffee cup.. ;)

2:11 pm  
Blogger sharonb said...

Yep my bag is much heavier than the first one I did - or it seemed so - I don't remeber even noticing the weight on the old one but this one - boy was I pleased to have it done!

looking forward to seeing it finnished.

4:31 pm  
Blogger Pamela Kellogg said...

Linda, your sewing machine is so beautiful! My machine is older too, but not as old as yours. Mine is from the late 50's but it's still one of those nice all metal Singer machines. IT belonged to my grandmother and I'm so happy to have it!

12:11 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home