Tuesday 25 October 2005

Ready to Make Up

My Jeans Bag is ready to make up. Hopefully that will happen next weekend, as I am still being monstered by deadlines - life will not actually look anything like normal until December.

JeansBag8

I could keep working on this for ever, and it would stay a UFO for ever - but Sharon and the Bags of Fun deadline is making me get serious.

One of the things I have just added is some very old beads I bought on a trip recently, which had been made into fringes. It is almost as if they have the paste in their centre that goes on the back of glass to make "paste" jewellery. And then they are faceted, so they glitter beautifully, with a sort of "cool", silver glitter.

I have tried scanning them, but they don't show up. They are around the white flower at centre top, and I put one in the centre of each piece of the Chicken Scratch Heart, where they are like tiny little diamentes.

I have mini deadlines today, tomorrow and Thursday, a heavy day on Friday, and then a few days off. So I really want to get it made up then.

But in the meantime, I am blown away by some of those appearing on the Flickr page for this challenge. Do drop over and have a look.

4 Comments:

Blogger Susan Tidwell said...

Beautiful! Reminds me of when we used to embroider our jeans back in the 60s, but yours is much nicer.

1:11 pm  
Blogger Grangry said...

This is lovely. I do like the way you have used some 'old' things on your 'old' jeans! I don't know which is the most fun, making the bag or looking at all the others on Flickr!

4:55 pm  
Blogger Pamela Kellogg said...

So beautiful Linda and so interesting to look at! I love the Chicken Scratch!

12:31 am  
Blogger Gina E. said...

Whoever would have thought an old pair of jeans could be re-incarnated so beautifully? Lovely work, Linda!

11:24 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home