Saturday 24 September 2005

Old Postcards

The horrendous deadline is still assaulting me, but I am taking a coffee break. Part of the work involves working my way through a lot of old local photographs for a book - and one lot just happened to have some nice old cards with them. So I thought people might like to see a few.

Card1a

Largest HERE

It is a pity about the fold-mark, but I still like this one as I sometimes think it is how people overseas still see Australia. As an aside, for Australian women of my age - the illustrator is J.Macfarlane, who later illustrated many of the Billabong/Little Bush Maid books by Mary Grant Bruce. She is one of my "other" interests, as she was born quite near here, and her Billabong is based on a property quite near here too, that her uncle managed.

Here are two more - just for the nice pictures:

Card2a

Largest HERE

Card3

Largest HERE

This is a tiny rice-paper booklet/Christmas greeting, very Japanese, but with "England made" on the inside.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home