Thursday 15 September 2005

New Addition to my Library

I have a "new" addition to my library. I had just a couple of minutes to pop into the local second-hand bookshop and run my eyes over the craft section - and there is was:

Janet Haig Book

Janet Haig wrote one of my favourite crazypatch books (out on loan to a student at the minute, so cannot check date and title), but I hadn't seen this before. Possibly because it lurked in the knitting section, not the embroidery one. It was published in 1992 by Greenhouse.

[Late note - I got my hands on my other book for just a little while - the CQ one was published in 1998 - intresting how she has gone from one to the other in that time]

I love her crazypatch book as the colours and approach are so different - and I like having the English approach, as distinct from that from Australia or the USA. Well, I mean I like having them all.

The patterns in this are ones where small pieces come out easily and suit crazypatch using waste canvas.

And yes - I am so addicted to second-hand craft books that I picked up another of those subscription folders, where you had to buy the pages weekly - I have about four different ones now. They are good for ideas, I get them cheap (they are rarely complete), and one day I will get one that has the pages missing from the other one I have already ..... I have faith, and a lot of duplicate pages.

I've tried Googling Janet Haig and embroidery combinations, with no luck. I wouldn't mind seeing more of her work - the picture on the author's bio is most interesting - I wonder if anyone knows if these are her only two books????

3 Comments:

Blogger Jacqui said...

There is this Janet Haig book available in the UK
The Embroiderer's Floral: Designs, Stitches and Motifs for Popular Flowers in Embroidery ~Janet Haigh
Krause Publications
Paperback - November 2002
photo here
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/reader/0873494431/ref=sib_dp_pt/202-6088727-3187051#reader-link
also have here cq book and only looked for any others because of your post :) do tyou know about this one?

8:19 am  
Blogger Jacqui said...

PS I had to go back to the shop today just to buy this book :) Flicked through yesturday and couldn't stop thinking about it - all your fault :) Thanks. :)

9:09 am  
Blogger Linda said...

Oooh - thanks for that - must chase it up when I get a minute, as I love her work.

10:07 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home