Friday 2 September 2005

Nailpolish and Buttons

Well, it was something like this:

I got these buttons while I was away. I think they are more a scrapbook line, but so tiny, they are ideal for crazypatch seams.

Nailpolish2

But they were the wrong colour, so it was out with the nailpolish and toothpicks.

Nailpolish

And, while I was at it, I thought I would experiment first with some of those ordinary shirt buttons that are not much good for anything else.

A couple of coats later, and a few dabs, I didn't think they were very bad at all!

Nailpolish3

5 Comments:

Blogger Kitty Couture said...

How clever! I love them. Especially the last ones. You are so creative!

2:46 pm  
Blogger Dawn said...

What a neat idea Linda! Very pretty! Hmmm . . I wonder if I can 'borrow' Heather's nailpolish . . . she has more colors to choice from, and I have plenty of plain buttons that could be 'dressed up.'

6:14 pm  
Blogger Pamela Kellogg said...

Oh wow Linda! What a cool idea! I never would have thought of using nail polish to color plain buttons. These are so pretty!

9:30 pm  
Blogger Lelia said...

Excellent idea. I'm in the process of a beaded-button. Will be trying to Assist at a workshop 9/17. Will try to post a picture of the buttons on Monday or Tuesday. Your buttons make me smile .... creative & excellent!

1:17 am  
Blogger mainely stitching said...

Hi! Lelia told me to come over here and have a look. I have SO enjoyed reading your stories, particularly those about the aprons. It makes me wish I had thought to ask for one from each of my grandmothers, who sadly passed on when I was fairly young. I love the big stories that hide in the little things. Thanks for sharing them.

4:04 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home