Saturday 3 September 2005

First stitch

One stitch at a time, one block at a time.

I'm not sure how it is going to happen, but I have taken this block, and it will be my Katrina piece.

Katrina1

This was originally pieced as a demonstration piece, and was going to be a hanging bag. Then it went into my peacock wall-hanging for a while.

Now I am going to make it into a block for Katrina survivors.

At least my thread bag is in the car, DH has blunt kitchen scissors, and if I cannot find a needle - well, they sell them in the supermarket.

And I will appreciate every step of the way to get it that I have one to go to.

And there are those buttons from yesterday that are perfect to go on it.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sharon said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6:43 pm  
Blogger Sharon said...

L - I have just heard that 'Bustle and Bows' in Surrey Hills has closed down... Another needle work shop bites the dust... What a shame as it was a lovely shop... I was wondering if its 'sister' shop in East Malvern has had a similiar fate....

6:50 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home