Monday 29 August 2005

Vintage Handkerchiefs at Flickr

Just found a group at Flickr called Vintage Hankies. Only just started, so I hope the link that I have put here works - if not go to Flickr and search groups for Hankies.

I am trying to get organised to post better pictures of my finds in an organised manner - so this will be the ideal place - especially as I see another Handkerchief fancier has come out of the woodwork (waving to another Linda).

In the meantime, here is just one:

H1b

This is just one corner of a drawn-threadwork handkerchief in the lot I recently acquired. It has tiny and complex crochet inserts. Although, when I look very carefully they may be needleweaving, not crochet.

There is a larger picture HERE.

1 Comments:

Blogger Maggie Ann said...

How intricate and lovely!

4:56 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home