Tuesday 30 August 2005

Slowly posting Hankie pictures

The Hankie photos are all slowly going onto Flickr, so I won't put them all on here. And I have taken the plunge and upgraded to a Pro account at Flickr (ie paying for it), as I am really taken by the ability to do sets - and I want more than the three sets you get with a free account.

So, to see all the Hankies as they are added, go to my Flickr page and choose the Hankies set from the lefthand side. Or drop over to the Vintage Hankies group at Flickr.

And it was the set on Pam Kellogg's Kitty and Me Flickr page that got me - it is so wonderful to look at the progress of each block in her CQ set.

But, in the meantime, here is a closeup of another of the Hankies. Can someone remind me the name of this lace technique, where there is stitching on net???? Please???

H2a

It is a rather nice hankie, isn't it. I think I have accepted I won't be cutting any up.

H2

1 Comments:

Blogger Maureen said...

Hi Chloe
I'm glad to see that you're addicted to old hankies too!
I have a collection from my dear departed Mum................most still are unused and with stickers still attached,and like yours Irish and swiss;but one that's particularly my favourite(it used to go in her evening bag when they went to the odd Ball back in the 40s,is a silk print.As you can imagine,it's a little the worse for wear,but will try to scan and add either to my Flickr or Kenmaurs Blog.

3:47 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home