Sunday 14 August 2005

Shops in Melbourne

One of the webpages I have been running for a long time is one for Shops in Melbourne and Country Victoria. Just to keep track of shops so I know where to go and to make suggestions for others. I've been reminded of this recently as Rathdown Fabric and Remnants had slipped under my guard. I know I went there years ago and had a ball, and they tell me they are still there (being a family business about fifty years old, I would hope they are).

They are at 60 Brunswick Rd, Brunswick (near the corner of Lygon St), and open 8am to 4.30pm Mon to Fri, and 8am to 3.30pm Sat (I like that one).

Anyone been there recently and able to give a report as to its desirability as a destination for a Crazy-Patcher????

Wonder if I should rank them from one to ten???? Given my recent experience. I am also e-mailing back and forth with a crazy-patcher from the USA spending a few days in Melbourne, who obviously cannot visit everything. How do you decide what are the best destinations within limited time.

How would I do it??? Ten out of ten for threads may be five out of ten for beads and zero out of ten for fabrics. Maybe I would need to rank them over a whole series of things. Gosh. Gina@Patra and Sharlee and I could drink a few cups of coffee, come up with a ranking system and then wreak havoc in Melbourne.

Whaddya think, G&S????

4 Comments:

Blogger Sharon said...

Sounds good to me and armed with the op shop book as well... We could be dangerous - very dangerous!!!!! By the way, I am home this coming Wednesday 17th if you are up here...

10:20 am  
Blogger Linda said...

Rats!!!! I won't be down there this week, so don't get excited Gina (have already written to Sharlee). But it will happen.

2:54 pm  
Blogger Gina E. said...

LOL you two! Don't worry about me - I'll just fit in when I can. But I would love to help out with a review of shops, if there is anything I can do, you know where I am!

11:15 pm  
Blogger Mary-Frances said...

What a great idea gals. Might even help some of us a long way away! My mother in law (at my 4 year old daughter's suggestion) just ordered a bear pattern from Craftee Cottage. She got it fine and likes it, but it would be cool to have reviews (or ratings! ;-))

11:58 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home