Saturday 13 August 2005

Freeform Chicken Scratch

My next excursion in the Rediscovery of Chicken Scratch has been to try and work out ways of adding freeform Chicken Scratch to crazypatch.

So far I have only tried one pattern. My first step was to trace the underlying crosses that form the basis of this pattern onto tracing paper, and embroider them on a Heart, thus:

CS8

I then removed the tissue paper and wove the second parts of the Chicken Scratch, and made snowflakes of a few of the crosses. It then looked like this:

CS8a

After that I added a solitary rosebud over the top using waste canvas, and this is how it now looks:

CS8b

There is a special place waiting for this piece. Some time very soon. I wonder does it just need a few beads in those circles first though - and bugle beads in the oval sections???? Part of me wants to, and the other part of me loves the simplicity.

6 Comments:

Blogger Sharon said...

I really like this piece L - you are amazing!!!!

1:51 am  
Blogger Elly said...

SImple is good.

It looks great!

1:55 am  
Blogger sharonb said...

Linda I really like the inclusion of evenweave stitching against the chaos of crazy its an interesting contrast and tension. Very different.

7:09 am  
Blogger Ulla said...

You are very creative.This is something to go on with.I love embroidery so.....

8:06 am  
Blogger Conni said...

My goodness! You have come up with something very interesting and appealing with this… It looks great!

9:41 am  
Blogger Gina E. said...

This special place wouldn't be in Eltham in time for Christmas, would it? Ah well, no harm in dropping a few hints...

11:19 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home