Sunday 17 July 2005

Vintage Fabric on Flickr

For anyone familiar with Flickr (and those not yet familiar with Flickr), there is an interesting group on there that has just started called Vintage Fabric, where people are posting pictures of fabric up to and including the 1980s.

Not totally sure how you get into groups if you are not already a member, but try going to

http://www.flickr.com/groups/

I'm having a little trouble getting a pathway in, I know it is called Vintage Fabric, but sometimes it comes up as "no record". Just keep poking sticks at it until you get in there - you seem to have to be a member first.

Once you have a Flickr ID you can then subscribe and look at the pictures. Good fun - and there is a bit of discussion starting there too. Interesting to see discussion starting about common tags so people can group and search for photos - something that has been in the back of my mind for a while for CQ on Flickr.

Scary to think 1980s or 1970s might be vintage - I have soooo much of it.

3 Comments:

Blogger Pamela Kellogg said...

Linda, I'm so glad you found this! I've decided to move my Cross stitch chat Board when my subscription runs out in October. Darn thing is down more than it's running and it costs way to much for such an unreliable service! Anyway, this may be a good place for my stitchers to chat.

While I was looking around, I found this group:

http://www.flickr.com/groups/contemporarytextileart/

I don't have much time to look through it all at the moment but it looks like it could be interesting!

3:05 am  
Blogger Linda said...

There are heaps of others too, not as active picture-wise as this one. There is "Lace" and "Textiles" for example.

But the Vintage Fabric one is really moving - there is nothing more powerful than an idea whose time has come. :)

7:35 am  
Blogger woof nanny said...

That was started by Hillary
http://weewonderfuls.typepad.com/ and Kim http://www.dioramarama.com/kmel/
so you could always get more info on their sites. I want to join too

6:04 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home