Monday 25 July 2005

Playing with Stamps

Stamps - machine

This is the rubber stamp I found at CraftAlive - I have been collecting sewing machine stuff for a future work. I like the thought of rubber stamps, but don't use them as much as I could - just stamped on fabric with a fabric ink - so they become machine washable.

In this case I have just stamped it on some hand-dyed calico - it would look even better on a finer-weave fabric such as a fine silk.

I was using OzeCraft dyes - and I think I could yet repaint the fabric around the stamp again for more colour - and then make it a central piece in a small work like a Heart.

This is another stamp I have - the Fairy with a Bubble from a 1920s illustration by Australian artist Ida Rentoull Outhwaite.

Stamps - Fairy

I can imagine this one with tiny silver highlights in the wings, and flowers and greenery embroidered around her, so she has to be "discovered".

1 Comments:

Blogger Gina E. said...

Oh, Linda, your imagination has no boundaries...I would die and be reborn to have 1% of your creative spirit...sigh..
On a brighter note, you commmented on A Blank Page that with S working, there would be no more lazy Melbourne days. EXCUSE ME? What about moire???? I am still here and willing to change my working days around to accomodate your visits!

10:16 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home