Thursday 21 July 2005

Juliette's Heart finished

Chicory Fairy in conversation with a Butterfly aka Heart #14 is now finished, and is about to be on its way to Juliette.

Heart14fin


You can see the larger size HERE - big enough to see all the missed stitches! It is the Fourteenth I have made for swapping, but not the 14th I have swapped - #13 was for Juliette, and I have lost it somewhere. I was playing here with blue flowers - the blue poppy in the print, the blue of the chicory fairy and forget-me-nots.

These are one on one swaps on Chains of Hearts, a Yahoo group. We don't have deadlines - the idea is that you make a Heart, and display it, and then ask if someone would like to swap with you. A wonderful, easy, non-stress way to get friends and examples of their needlework. And the Hearts are just under six inches, so do not take a huge amount of work. I enjoy them, as I find them a wonderful way to try out ideas. One this one, I was playing with Forget-me-Nots in french knots that were one, two and three wraps of three strands of DMC.

They are swapped at this stage, unfinished, and the recipient gets to make from them what they wish. Mine are going to be made up into a chain of individual, stuffed Hearts that go around my bookcases.

Chains of Hearts is a lovely, friendly and welcoming group, and new members are always welcome.

I might post a few more of my older ones soon. In fact, here is one now: "Dragonflies Dancing". I think this one went to Maureen2.

Heart6

5 Comments:

Blogger Gina E. said...

I had a look at the Chain of Hearts site Linda, and would like to join, but don't want to sign up with Yahoo - I get too much junk mail now courtesy of MSN, without adding to it all! Can one join without being a Yahoo member? I couldn't see any way of doing so on the web site.

12:32 am  
Blogger Linda said...

Hi Gina,

You do need to sign into Yahoo to be in the group - but I don't have a problem with anything I can identify as coming from Yahoo - and I do get a heck of a lot of spam, but nothing that I know originates from there.

When you do sign up there are a few questions about getting "notices and offers" etc from them, you just either uncheck the box, or tick to say you do not want them - one or the other.

And if you don't even want to get the group messages, but read them on the website at your convenience, you just choose the no-mail option.

5:33 am  
Blogger Maureen said...

You're correct chloe;you sent me the "dragonflies dancing" when I couldn't participate in a Dragonfly RR.
Maureen

2:50 pm  
Blogger Pamela Kellogg said...

Linda, is the Yahoo group only for stitchers in Australia and NZ? I went to check it out but assume it's too hard to exchange with stitchers in the US.

Also, on your large dragonfly, what are the wings made of? Is it an applique?

I just love your work Linda! Your CQ's are so inspiring!

9:29 pm  
Blogger Linda said...

Hi Pam,

No - we are definitely world-wide - just it started in Australia. And it is really easy to swap, as it is just unfinished Hearts (ie embellished, but not made up), in an ordinary envelope.

I am really considering trying a CS one next.

Not totally sure which Dragonfly you mean - and have just put it away - will scan central block (which is RRs) in the near future.

And, thank you for your kind words and insipration.

10:15 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home