Monday 18 July 2005

The Heart Progresses

My Heart for Juliette is progressing. We had visitors yesterday, so it was lovely to just sit there and do the needleweaving for the Chicory flower.

Heart14a

And, as luck would have it, I then went blog reading and found what had been posted on Smockery - I won't link direct to the picture, as there are two. If you are reading this in a few days, scroll down - you will know it when you come to it. :)

And Pam was asking about the blue poppy fabric - I did answer in the comments, but in case anyone is wondering - I think it is a Liberty fabric from either the 1970s or 1980s. It was a special one for my Mum, so I will check with her - she will remember exactly when she got it. I don't know why that surprises me - I do exactly the same.

4 Comments:

Blogger Dawn said...

Your heart for Juliette looks very nice Linda, and I'm looking forward to seeing it finished. In regards to your hoop . . . do you wrap fabric around your outside circle as well as the inside one?

8:53 am  
Blogger Linda said...

Hi Dawn - thank you - I am ejoying how this one is growing.

I only wrap the outside - I haven't seen much of a problem from the inside, mainly due to the backing fabric, I think. And the screw wouldn't then be long enough to do up the hoop.

I use this wrapping not only to stop marks, but also to sometimes roll the excess fabric and pin it to the hoop to be out of the way, rather than pinning it to the front of the block and making marks. This helps especially when I am doing waste canvas work.

9:06 am  
Blogger Maureen said...

Gidday Chloe--
I was interested in that Flickr "vintage fabric" bit but didn't find anything of interest;
I have two (house) dresses liberated from a now deceased aunt's wardrobe:
Made of cotton,they still have the price tags on them 19/6d. each.
I "liberated" them for a chuckle many moons ago and have NO idea what to do with them...dusters,rags cleaning?

2:39 pm  
Blogger Grangry said...

This really is lovely, and of course I like the chicory flower!

4:51 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home