Saturday 4 June 2005

Speaking of Crinoline Ladies

Speaking of Crinoline Ladies, and Chicken Scratch. A few years ago I charted a couple of small cross-stitch Crinoline ladies I found on some old, unsewn doilies. I use DigiStitch for my cross-stitch charting.

They were silhouettes - ie only one colour. I have used these a couple of times, with waste canvas, on crazy patch. There, they look like this:

Crinoline lady #3

The pattern for this Lady is HERE . I am not sure that I actually hold copyright, but if you are a member of Flickr you are welcome to download from there.

And here is the other Lady:

Crinoline Lady #1

The larger version is HERE. Same deal with copyright. If you are looking at them, you may need to click with your cursor to get to full size.

I am looking at these because I was thinking that I might be able to rework them into having a band of Chicken Scratch around the skirt. Maybe, if I got rid of the ornamental bits around the bottom of the skirt, I could work it in there.

I'm not sure that I would be working that version on crazy-patch. But if I succumb to doing them on a gingham apron, it could be rather interesting.

1 Comments:

Blogger Gina E. said...

CUTE! Thanks Linda, I have just printed both of them out and will file them away for future reference. I love what you have done with them on the crazy patch with waste canvas - very effective.

2:32 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home