Wednesday 8 June 2005

Country Garden Sampler

Maureen spotted this one of my UFOs on the side-bar, and was asking for closeups of some parts I have already finished.

This is the Country Garden sampler from Jenny B at Sale - and I started it several years ago. It is in the UFO list after the Peacocks, Dragonflies and Hearts.

Sampler Jan 04


Maureen asked for the "butterfly and Poppy", so here they are:

Butterfly on Lilac

Poppy

However I am not totally sure Maureen (it is the one in Qld, not the one I had coffee with yesterday) wasn't after the Rose - so here it is:

Rose

Really want to work on this, but trying to be organised with UFOs.

6 Comments:

Blogger Maureen said...

Thank you so much for showing the poppy,the rose,the Buddleia and the butterfly Linda,I really have enjoyed seeing them in close-up.
May I ask the dimension of the poppy and Rose petals?
I thought it was only a couple of years,not several(nit picker that I am) It doesn't seem that long since you first showed us your beehive which I think was one of your first patches/blocks in this set.

5:15 pm  
Blogger Pamela Kellogg said...

Beautiful! Linda, could you share with us what type of embroidery the 3-D flowers and butterfly are?

8:50 pm  
Blogger Mollenkamp said...

Very nice work (thanks for sharing)

9:08 pm  
Blogger Linda said...

Hi Pam (and waving to Maureen and spinner8)

This is stumpwork, where the individual elements are made by sewing aorund wire on a hoop and then cutting them out and assembling them. When I get to that UFO I will be talking about the individual pieces more.

Maureen - without getting them out to measure, I think they are about one to two inches across.

11:20 am  
Blogger Mary-Frances said...

I am in awe! I've seen these kits in magazines and wondered who had enough skill to do one (now I know, eh?). I adore stumpwork, but have to admit that I'm awed by the work involved. How many hours do you have into this project?

5:37 am  
Blogger Linda said...

Hi Mary-Frances,

I really should have kept track, but it was two-hour lessons once a week for a year, plus a heck of a lot of work at home. And those lessons, while being at market rate, were not cheap. I reckon by the time I finish I will have spent $1,000 on it, easily.

Which is why I have to get it finished. And it is a lovely piece.

7:36 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home