Friday 13 May 2005

More Fans from Gina

Here are the other two fans from the Gina's stunning collection.

Fan doiley 2

Fan doiley 1

The more I look at the two similar fans I posted yesterday, the more I reckon they are the same Apple Blossom from my Mother's 1947 Semco Supper Cloth. Perhaps it was the same designer, at the same time.

I could get really hooked on this study of embroidery from the 1920s to the 1950s ...... And Gina - Laurel tells me she has a fair collection - especially focusing on Bluebirds. Maybe one day there will be a linen-collector's list/society/webring.

And, while we are talking fans - there are some lovely outlines in J.Marsha Michler's Motifs for Crazy Quilts.

Now - what will be the next series from Gina that I post????

2 Comments:

Blogger Gina E. said...

A webring devoted to those who collect antique linen? Ah, now that would be a dream come true for me. I know there are other people out there whose passion equals (often exceeds!) mine, because I fight with them on eBay, over some obscure piece of stitching that nobody else would give a second glance.
I enjoyed my day with 'Chloe' just as much as she did, especially as I persuaded her to part with two charming little suppercloths that were in her "to cut up for quilts" box - such sacrilege! But we made a fair trade, and the cloths are now freshly Napisan'd and sitting in my ironing basket waiting to be lovingly pressed and oohed over.

11:13 pm  
Blogger Gina E. said...

PS Where do I find Laurel?

2:53 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home