Friday 27 May 2005

First Piece of CQ

I have just been over at GarnetSunshine's blog, looking at her first piece of CQ. And it has reminded me how important it is to keep a record of what you are doing, right from the start. I still have my first piece of CQ, and here, for the record, is a picture:

Vest

This was random-pieced by my mother, who was a sane-patchworker (note - for those not into crazy patch, these are the people who use all cottons, measure their pieces and want all lines to meet. Crazy patchworkers get upset if their pieces are the same size and lines meet. And they cut up their friends' clothes).

I embellished the vest - there is ONE embroidered seam (chain stitch), but a piece of waste canvas work and heaps of tatting. Some things change, some things stay the same.

Then, I never kept a picture of my second-ever piece, and I no longer have access to it. It was a cushion (note, I am in Australia, a pillow is something I put my head upon when I got to sleep). So when someone is starting out, as is Garnetsunshine, I get really happy when I know they have good photos.

Welcome, Garnet Sunshine. I am sure your Mother-in-law will adore her pillow. It is beautiful.

1 Comments:

Blogger Gina E. said...

YOU CUT UP YOUR FRIENDS' CLOTHES???????????? Remind me to keep you away from my other wardrobe next time you are here..the wardrobe with my clothes in, that is...aaaghhh!!!

12:08 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home