Monday 30 May 2005

Fan-tastic DYBs

Today, my DYBs arrived home. It doesn't sound much when you just say that. It doesn't explain what a package of beauty came through the post.

DYBs are a special form of Round Robin, called "Doing Your Block". In this case I pieced six blocks, which looked like this:

DYBforLinda

and sent them off around five friends, who then embellished one each. This one (above) is the sixth, and I now need to embellish it myself. In the meantime, I was embellishing one each for them - I am just finishing Maureen's, the last one, now.

There is no set theme for the whole DYB - I asked people to work fans on mine. And I have another three blocks out there in another Round Robin that are similar - all will be going in a wall-hanging of nine blocks at the end.

So here are the five stunning blocks that arrived in the mail today - if you click one each they should take you to larger ones on Flicker. If you click on the link below the photo, then either click on the photo again, or use the enlarge icon (depending on your browser), you get the very detailed copy.

Maureen'sDYB

This one, above is by Maureen. Largest size HERE.

Viv'sDYB

This one, above, by Viv. Largest size HERE.

Patti'sDYB

The above one is by Patti. Largest size HERE.

Anne'sDYB

The one above is by Anne. Largest size HERE.

Catherine'sDYB

And the last one, above, is by Catherine. Largest size HERE

They are just so lovely in real life that I am stuck for words to describe them. Thank you all so much, Maureen, Viv, Patti, Anne and Catherine.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This post has been edited to add links to the largest sizes.

Again - To see the most detailed shots you need to be logged into Flickr (ie a member, if you are doing it by clicking on the photos and then choosing "view all sizes"), or else anyone can click on the links, and then click again on the photo or use the enlarge icon (depending on your browser), and you get to see the most detailed.

I know I keep saying it, but these are stunning blocks, and worth the careful study.

8 Comments:

Blogger Mary-Frances said...

Wow! What fantastic Eye candy! Are you going to put them all together into a quilt? How absolutely LOVELY! (I will have to come back to study each more closely)!

11:54 pm  
Blogger Linda said...

These are going into a small wall-hanging. I think sashed in black - I would like each to stand alone.

Speaking of studying them in detail, I find you can only see the largest this way if you are logged into Flickr and choose the "see all sizes". Although they come up biggish when you click on them, there are much more detailed pics in there you have to be logged in to see.

Might have to go back and edit-in links.

12:51 am  
Blogger Gina E. said...

I think I might start quilting...

2:00 am  
Blogger kath red said...

what amazing work and detail and colour, truly beautiful

7:50 am  
Blogger Calidore said...

Ohhhhh Yummy. What beautiful work all the girls did. No wonder you're proud of them. I'm going to rethink some of my work now....

9:03 am  
Blogger Maggie Ann said...

Its been fun to see these wonderful blocks up close. A privilege, really. Thanks for sharing.

6:57 am  
Blogger Pamela Kellogg said...

Linda, how big are the blocks? I don't know if I missed it or if you didn't mention it. They are lovely!

Pam

7:53 am  
Blogger Linda said...

Hi Pam

Good question - I didn't. These are six inch blocks.

8:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home