Monday 16 May 2005

Blue Bird Motif

Here is a motif from Andrea's 1930s transfers - this is a Swallow - is that the same as a Bluebird of Happiness???

Swallow

These appear a lot on linen - I have some, Gina has a lot, and I know another collector who really likes them.

Here is another version from Gina's Collection:

Bluebirds traycloth
This is a "Good Morning" traycloth. Imagine having breakfast in bed delivered on something like this.

I know Gina would love to know who is reading her blog - and if you drop her a note over there, she might be persuaded to scan stuff in which you have an interest, and post it on her blog - she is still working on her camera, but I know her scanner works - she scanned this one. I am sure she would respond to requests like - "Any nice horse and carriage motifs out there?" as she is a most generous person.

1 Comments:

Blogger Gina E. said...

Thank you for those nice words! Yes, I am happy to scan anything of mine that anybody wants...I don't think any copyright applies now on the old stuff I have! And I love showing my linens to interested people - always happy to share! Never know what might come my way in return. By the way, my knowledgeable friend H says that swallows are NOT bluebirds of happiness (or vice versa). She did go on to explain, but I can't remember the rest of it.

2:47 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home